2009 Breeding Bird Survey - 26 and counting

Some while since my last post, I'm afraid. But a quick update on the BBS for this year. So far I have data for 26 squares. You may recall that last year we had a record (joint with 2007) of 31 squares, which is great as several of you are involved in the Atlas too. There are still a few people who I know have covered their square yet to submit data and also one or two who I am waiting to hear from, so there's still a chance of beating the record - that would be brilliant.

A note on the Atlas - I have been working out where to focus the efforts for the forthcoming winter and shall post shortly on this, once I have done a bit more analysis of likely species. Volunteers for more TTVs to even out the coverage and for Roving Records are most welcome.

No comments: